Views: 522 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-13 Origin: Site
Color master batch is also called color species. It is a new type of special colorant for polymer materials, which is also known as pigment preparation. Color masterbatches are mainly used in plastics. Usually it is composed of three basic elements: pigments or dyes, carriers, and additives. It is an aggregate made by uniformly loading an ultra-constant amount of pigment in the resin. It can be called a pigment concentration, since the tinting strength is higher than the pigment itself. Mixing a small amount of color masterbatch products and uncolored resin during processing can achieve the colored resin or product with the designed pigment concentration. Then what are the characteristics of color masterbatch particles? Now let us get to know together.
1. Usually dispersible colorful masterbatch is made by special processing of coloring agent and specific additives, so it is a complex. Before processing color masterbatch, you have to pre-disperse the coloring agent in order to avoid the coarse particles existence of the coloring agent. In this way, you can eliminate the color spots in the colored plastic products. At the same time, you must mix evenly the coloring masterbatch and the plastic particles, so that you can get the better color uniformity of the plastic products when coloring with the coloring masterbatch product.
2. It is very convenient to use. Since the color masterbatch and plastic particles can be mixed together well, you may use common mixing equipment or even manual mixing way to mix them, so it is very easy to use.
3. It can reduce the color difference of plastic products to make the plastic products more beautiful. We know that it contains coloring agent, carriers and other additives. And in unit plastics, the amount of coloring masterbatch is more than that of ordinary coloring agent, which makes the relative error of measurement small, and is helpful to reduce the color difference in coloring.
4. It is environmental friendly. The coloring master batch can be used in better working conditions to avoid polluting the environment, since the coloring agent combined with the carrier has been made into color masterbatch granules. So, it will not fly even if you measure and mix. The working conditions are greatly improved comparing with dry coloring.
5. Another advantage is that it will not pollute the mixing equipment, so you need not clean the mixing equipment, which can save your work time and labor comparing with dry coloring and paste coloring when changing colors, therefore, it is very convenient to use color masterbatch coloring.
Scope of application
Color masterbatches are widely used in polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, ABS, nylon, PC, PMMA, PET and other resins, which can produce colorful fibers, clothing, daily plastics, wires and cables, household appliances, agricultural films, automobiles accessories, health care equipment and other products. According to relevant information, the average annual growth rate of demand for color masterbatches in other countries of Asia is about 7%-9%, but the average annual growth rate of demand in our country is about 20%. China is expected to become the fastest growing market for color masterbatches.